Benefits of an HTTPS Proxy
SSL / HTTPS proxies offer two main advantages. First, compared to regular HTTP proxies, SSL proxies are safer and more anonymous. The HTTP protocol does not encrypt traffic and transfers data in a readable format. This means that anyone can intercept and read it. These kinds of attacks are common; they’re known as man-in-the-middle (MITM) attacks. SSL proxies encrypt your data so that it essentially becomes unreadable to third parties. Even if your traffic gets intercepted, there’s no way for an outsider to make sense of the captured data.
Second, SSL proxies are more anonymous. Just like other proxy type, an HTTPS proxy offers a basic level of anonymity because it hides your IP from the internet at large. But the added encryption also ensures an even greater degree of anonymity because it secures your traffic.
The anonymizing power of proxies with the added strength of industry-standard SSL encryption means that SSL proxies are perfect for those who want both anonymity and security.
Main Uses of HTTPS Proxies
- Increasing anonymity – your IP address is a great way to identify and track you and your behaviour online. It can be abused by virtually anyone with the knowledge and, for differing purposes, hackers or government agencies are among those interested in tracking you. Using a proxy is a great way to avoid this as it hides your real IP address and SSL proxies are the most secure out of any other proxy type available.
- Unblocking websites – many websites restrict content for users from other countries or make them completely unavailable. For example, in Europe, due to different laws on privacy and data collection, many American websites are made unavailable and HTTPS proxies can help get around this. (We recommend to read: Unblocking Instagram With Proxies)
- Securing connections – these days, data security is one of the hottest issues for anyone dealing with information technology. Hiding your IP is a good first step to prevent your data from falling into the wrong hands and using SSL proxies is the perfect solution for those who value security and privacy.
- Getting limited products – today, many brands, such as sneaker sellers, make limited releases online and only in specific locations. If you want to buy a limited release product, you will most likely need to use automated programs and, you guessed it right, proxies. SSL proxies can help you get geo restricted products by changing how the vendors’ website perceives your location and getting proxies located the closest to, let’s say, Nike’s servers, might be the key in making a successful purchase. (We recommend reading: The 6 Best Sneaker Proxies to Cop Your Grail in 2021)
- Scraping data – the internet is a treasure trove of public information with unlimited potential. There’s only one problem – collecting this information on a massive scale for later analysis is actually much harder than it may seem at first. Most popular websites, for various purposes, today use automated systems that prevent large scale data gathering by simply blocking those IP addresses who make an abnormal amount of requests. Using a large amount of SSL proxies and rotating them helps bypass these artificial restrictions on the freedom of data.
- Managing multiple social media accounts – due to the fact that registering and using multiple accounts by the same person is forbidden by most social media platforms in their Terms of Service, in order to prevent spam and other abuses, many marketers and social media management firms use proxies to avoid getting banned. Bans are almost inevitable if multiple accounts are created and managed on the same IP address, but if, let’s say, you are a company managing multiple brands, you will need proxies to prevent the worst from happening.
Frequently Asked Questions About HTTPS Proxies
What Is an HTTPS Proxy?
An HTTPS proxy (also called SSL proxy) is an intermediary IP address that uses the SSL protocol. HTTPS means the Hypertext Transfer Protocol over SSL. Over the last few years, the HTTPS protocol has become the standard for most websites and online services because it ensures a high degree of security.
Where Can I Buy HTTPS Proxies?
You can buy HTTPS Proxies from any of the providers on our list. Many offer free trials and money-back guarantees, so you can try them risk-free.
Why Shouldn't I Simply Get a Free HTTPS Proxy List?
Free HTTPS proxies are safer than, say, HTTP proxy lists. Still, they’re not a good choice if you want the IPs to fast or actually work. You can read more about it here.