What Is an Instagram Proxy?
An Instagram proxy is a proxy optimized specifically for Instagram. What this means is that the proxy is guaranteed to not be banned on Instagram when you start using it. Otherwise, they’re the same as your regular proxy IPs. You can find Instagram proxies on most sites of providers who offer proxies for sneaker copping, Youtube, Craigslist, and so on.
Why Use Proxies for Instagram
- Manage multiple Instagram accounts – if you or your business needs more than a few Instagram accounts, proxies are a must. Otherwise, Instagram will quickly flag you, and you won’t be able to do much.
- Build a following – this will still include managing multiple accounts, though you won’t have to put in so much work. Honestly, this isn’t the fairest way to get famous or get some sweet brand deals, but you do you, right?
- Scrape Instagram – Instagram contains a lot of valuable information. You can scrape Instagram hashtags, photos, followers, or even whole profiles. Just keep in mind that Instagram is very against this.
- Unblock Instagram – If your school, workplace, or country are not big fans of Instagram use, you have an easily accessible solution. While there are other options, like VPNs, proxies do a great job, too.
Which Types of Proxies You Should Get for Instagram
- Mobile proxies (4G proxies) – the most expensive and also the best choice. Extremely unsustainable if your needs exceed even 10 accounts (unless you have a lot of money to invest in your social media presence).
- Residential proxies – both rotating and static residential proxy IPs can work, but your provider has to be very trustworthy.
- Dedicated proxies – datacenter proxies dedicated specifically for social media accounts. Cheaper than both mobile or residential, but more expensive than shared ones. They used to be a good option back in the days, but now you won’t achieve much with them.
- Shared proxies – not a good choice for Instagram. You will never be sure if the proxies haven’t been blocked already, and these are still datacenter IPs (Read more about shared proxies)
- Free proxies – never use them if you like your own data to stay private and secure.
Tips and Tricks to Becoming an Instagram Proxy Master
First of all, consider your needs. If you only want to manage two or three Instagram accounts, then maybe you don’t need proxies at all. The same goes for a VPS – they can help you run hundreds of accounts, but you don’t always need one.
Secondly, choose your automation tool. There are many different kinds out there. Jarvee is always a popular pick, but you can also get Followliker, Storyvoter, Ninjagram, or Instagram Story Viewer, to name a few. Instagram automation software is as important, or even more important, than proxies.
Third, start slow. If you’re growing Instagram accounts, let them “warm up” for a while before you do anything with them. Then gradually start increasing the number of follows; you won’t be able to get 400-1000/day anymore, but one to two hundreds is perfectly possible. Don’t use more than 1 proxy per 1 account to be on the safe side.
Last, but not least – try things out. Preferably, check if the proxies work on your trial accounts, if you have any.
And as always, never settle for a bad service.
Frequently Asked Questions About an Instagram Proxy
Is Instagram Automation Still Possible?
Yes, though it’s much harder than it used to be. Marketers still use Instagram automation software, but they have to do things more carefully than before. You will also have to invest into quality proxies and take things slowly. Don’t expect to follow thousands of pages or scrape millions of results per day.
How Can I Get Instagram Proxies?
You can buy Instagram proxies from any of the providers on our list. They should all work well for Instagram automation tasks.
Can I Buy a Private Proxy for Instagram?
Yes and no. Last year Instagram hardened its security, so it’s become very hard to use a private proxy for Instagram bots and scraping software. If you do, there’s a big chance you will get blocked, and possibly even take down a whole subnet with you. But you shouldn’t write them off completely just yet.
Certain Instagram automation software, such as Jarvee, allows you to set up so-called “scraper accounts”. Their whole purpose is to help you gather data (so, relevant profiles or hashtags) for further automation tasks. Scraper accounts should be old and disposable – you aren’t aiming to do anything lasting with them. Knowing that, some marketers have tried using private proxies with such accounts and got satisfactory results.