Free Online Proxy Checker
Proxyway’s Proxy Checker lets you test a list of proxies on your web browser. It uses an IP database to provide comprehensive information about the IPs, such as checking proxy performance, location, and detection status. The tool works with all proxy servers, as long as they support username:password authentication (or require no authentication at all).
- Ability to check whole proxy lists at once
- Multiple supported protocols
- Data about the location, ISP, and proxy type (datacenter or not)
- Proxy check (if a database sees the IP as a proxy)
- Connection status and speed
If you have any feedback or feature requests, get in touch.
How to Use Proxy Checker
- Choose your IP protocol. The options are HTTP(S) or SOCKS. At this point, the checker isn’t intelligent enough to mix these protocols together. If you’re not sure if you have HTTP or SOCKS proxies, try checking your list with one option first, and then the other.
- Enter a list of proxies. You can add up to 50 addresses at once. The checker supports both domain names (en.proxyprovider.com:10000) and IP formats (192.168.0.1:80). Each proxy address should be in its own line.
- Press Submit and watch the magic happen.
How to Interpret the Results
Proxy Checker gets most of its information from IP-API, which is an online IP database. Note that other IP databases can show different results, based on when they were updated.
After entering your proxy list, you’ll see 7 columns. Here’s what each reveals:
No magic here. It simply shows the proxy server’s address you entered.
Whether the checker was able to connect via the proxy IP. If the connection succeeds, you’ll see Success with results in other columns. Otherwise, you’ll see an error. Proxy Checker forwards the errors received from the proxy server.
We use Cloudflare’s servers as our target. Even if one of them fails, the request should be rerouted to a nearest server, ensuring nearly 100% uptime.
How long the proxy server took to respond in milliseconds. Proxy Checker should connect to a target nearest to the proxy IP’s location if DNS is resolved at the proxy server (it usually is). Connection is set to time out after 10 seconds.
Note that we send requests from our servers and not your own machine. So, the proxy speed will differ compared to running the test locally.
The country and city associated with the proxy server.
The organization that controls the IP address. You can use it to check if the proxy server belongs to a cloud hosting company or a residential ISP.
A similar data point that specifically tries to determine if the proxy IP is hosted at a data center. True means yes. The results may not be 100% accurate.
Whether the database knows that the IP address is used as a proxy server. Once again, the data may not be completely accurate. But if the result is True, you can expect to experience more blocks and security measures.