How to Choose the Best Proxies for Sneaker Bots
In general, if you want to buy the best proxies for your bot, look for the following:
- Residential IPs – datacenter proxies used to a good choice for copping sneakers. Not anymore. With some exceptions, today it’s residential proxies or static residential proxies (DC resi). We explain why below.
- Proxies near the store’s server – for example, if the seller is located in the US, you’ll need proxies from the States – ideally NY, Virginia, or Chicago. This will make your connection faster.
- The fastest proxies you can get – speed is very important and can make or break a drop. We realize that testing it by yourself is hard. That’s why, we made the tests for you.
The Many Types of Sneaker Proxies
The term “sneaker proxies” is broad, and people look for specific releases to cop. You’ll often run into terms like Nike proxies (or SNKRS proxies), Supreme proxies, Yeezy proxies, Footsites proxies, Adidas proxies, Bape proxies, and so on.
Nike punishes botting hard. So, the best proxies for Nike SNKRS will be residential and ideally unabused. In this case, the most important thing is a good sneaker bot.
Check out the best Nike proxies.
Supreme is all about speed. Some say that datacenter IPs no longer work, but it’s possible to cop with good dedicated IPs. In any case, the best proxies for Supreme should be as fast as you can get.
EDIT: As of 2021, Supreme has joined the gang of residential proxies. It implemented stricter security measures, which have rendered datacenter proxies much less effective.
Check out the best Supreme Proxies.
Yeezy Proxies (Adidas Proxies)
Yeezys/Adidas are generally well-protected and put you into a queue. So, you should get residential IPs with sticky sessions (the longer the better). Proxies that rotate every request won’t work.
Footsites like Footlocker, EastBay, Champs, and FootAction are using a queue system as well. Speed is not that important for them. Thus, residential IPs with sticky sessions are a perfect choice.
Check out the best Footsites proxies.
Some providers still advertise datacenter proxies as working for Shopify. But since it implemented new anti-botting measures, it’s no longer the case. Truth be told, residential proxies are having a hard time as well. But you still have a chance to cop with them.
Residential vs Datacenter Proxies for Sneakers
In the past, datacenter proxies were the main choice for sneakers: they’re cheap and very fast. But many of the shoe sites have since implemented strict security measures. They quickly spot a datacenter IP and ban it, sometimes taking down a whole subnet. Nowadays they’re more often used as CAPTCHA proxies, to collect tokens.
Of course, not everything depends on proxies – sneaker bots often have even more impact. (Try asking SNKRS botters about it.) But proxies still make a big difference.
Don’t Use Free Shoe Proxies
Really, don’t. Good luck finding free sneaker proxies that haven’t been banned on shoe sites already. If you do, they’ll be too slow and unreliable for copping, anyway. Buying shoes is hard enough as it is – proxies should help with the process, not hinder it.
Frequently Asked Questions About Sneaker Proxies
What Are Sneaker Proxies?
Sneaker proxies are proxy IP addresses optimized specifically for buying sneakers from the most popular online shoe stores. They are used with sneaker bots to cop limited releases before they become unavailable.
Where Can I Buy Sneaker Proxies?
You can safely buy sneaker proxies from any of the providers on our list. Our selection of the best proxies for sneaker bots considers various budgets and needs. Using it, you’ll be sure to find a sneaker proxy provider for you.
What Is the Best Sneaker Bot?
How to Use Sneaker Proxies?
- Get multiple IPs – the more proxies you have, the fewer chances you have to get blocked and therefore – win against the heavy competition.
- Use one IP for one task – some websites allow only one IP address to buy a pair of sneakers, and it’s a good way to avoid getting blocked.
- Collect CAPTCHA tokens – most shoe sites will require you to complete CAPTCHAs. Good sneaker bots let you watch Youtube videos or use a Gmail account to get one-click CAPTCHAs.
- Monitor releases – assign a few proxies to constantly watch for an incoming drop. Your cook group should inform you about the release, but it’s a good safety measure.