If you live in Russia or another Slavic country, you probably know what Yandex is as. But if you do not come from that region, you might not know it. So, What Yandex is then? it is the largest Russian search engine on the internet. Basically Google, but Russian.
And because it is the Russian Google, many wish to extract various data. The most common reason for this is SEO monitoring. A lot of agencies and IT companies build tools that allow them to retrieve SERP and keyword ranking data in an automated way.
However, when you scrape Yandex for SEO data, you end up making a lot of requests to their servers in a short period of time. And like most websites, Yandex will ban anyone who will make too many requests that look bot-like and malicious.
Gathering SEO data then becomes tricky, as the chances are your IP will get blocked. That’s where proxies come in.
What Are the Best Proxies for Yandex?
If you’re reading this article, you probably know what proxies are used for. When you use them to gather data from Yandex, it works as a buffer between it and SEO monitoring tools. This means you’ll be able to extract data without IP blocks or limitations.
When using proxies, it’s crucial to get the right proxy provider. To help you decide, we’ve created a brief comparison of the top residential proxy providers below.
Success rate to Yandex
|The Proxy Store||39,44%|
Overall success rate to all targets
|The Proxy Store||66,07%|
The proxy provider with the best success rate for scraping Yandex is Oxylabs, with nearly 90% of its proxies working successfully with Yandex scraping tools. Oxylabs also has the top overall success rate – the percentage of working proxies when used on all sites (i.e. – scraping Google, Facebook, Instagram, AliExpress, etc).
The second best provider was Geosurf, losing to Oxylabs by a mere 0.25%. It’s fair to say that Geosurf is almost as good as Oxylabs when it comes to scraping Yandex.
For a better overview, we put together the list of the top 10 proxy providers along with a brief overview of each, ranked in order of Yandex success rate:
- Oxylabs (84.93%) – The most reliable proxy provider for Yandex. Residential proxy network with more than 30M residential IPs from all 195 countries around the world.
- Geosurf (88.25%) – One of the most reliable proxy providers for Yandex. Big residential IP network consisting of more than 130 proxy server locations worldwide.
- Netnut (83,99%) – Speed-optimized residential proxy provider sourced from DiViNetworks, which provides services to more than 100k ISPs.
- Smartproxy (80,12%) – Flexibly priced residential proxy service providing more than 10 million rotating IPs.
- RSocks (71,02%) – Offers very fast and legit 150K residential proxies and 390K exclusive proxies.
- Luminati mobile (43,32%) – Mobile-optimized proxy service with more than 2 million mobile IPs, providing mobile network sourced IP locations from practically everywhere.
- The Proxy Store (39,44%) – Provides access to a network of millions of residential proxies with unlimited bandwidth.
- Luminati residential (38,80%) – Known as the world’s largest proxy provider, with more than 37.3 million residential proxies and growing.
- Microleaves (35.14%) – Big IP pool consisting of more than 26 million IP addresses
- Storm Proxies (6,84%) – Provides private dedicated proxies and residential backconnect rotating proxies from a network consisting of more than 40,000 rotating residential proxies
While there are many other proxy providers, the 10 listed above are the most popular and have been tested for Yandex success rate, overall success rate, connection errors, timeouts, and blocked requests in a thorough residential proxy service comparison.
Connection Errors, Timeouts, Blocked Requests and Response Speed
Here’s how the aforementioned providers stacked up in different departments:
|The Proxy Store||66.07%|
The proxy providers with the lowest percentage of connection errors are Luminati residential (0.56%) and Luminati mobile (0.82%), followed by Netnut (0.86%) and Geosurf (5.18%). Microleaves has the highest percentage of connection errors at 47.52%%, which essentially means you’ll get a connection error roughly 1 out of 2 times when using their proxies for scraping.
|The Proxy Store||6,97%|
Proxies from Rsocks experience the highest percentage of timeouts (15.8%), followed by Luminati Mobile (15.61%) and Netnut (14.63%), making these some of the slowest providers for scraping. Oxylabs has the lowest percentage of timeouts at 5.11% followed by Geosurf at 5.2%.
|The Proxy Store||44,72%|
In terms of fully blocked requests that aren’t caused by connection errors or timeouts, Rsocks has the lowest at 0,42% while Oxylabs is a very close second at 0,43%, followed by Netnut (0,52%), and Geosurf (1,37%).
|The Proxy Store||11,23s|
When it comes to Yandex response speeds, the winner here is Oxylabs with 4,22s, coming close to the first place are Smarptorxy (4,56s) and Storm Proxies (4,68s). The worst performing proxies were Luminati mobile (9,97s) and Netnut (9,56s)
Choosing the Right Proxy Provider for Yandex
There are quite a few things to note when choosing proxies for Yandex. Hopefully, with this article, you’ll be able to choose what fits your needs and pick the best residential proxy provider.